- A. Adjective Clause
Jenis – jenis Relative Pronoun dapat dilihat pada tabel di bawah ini :
|Person||Who /That||Whom /that||Whose|
|Thing||Which /that||Which /that||Of which|
Subject of person
E.g.: – The girl is my sister
– She broke this door yesterday
à The girl who broke this door yesterday is my sister
Object of person
E.g.: – The man looked so tired
– I saw him driving a car
à The man whom i saw driving a car looked so tired
Possesive of person and thing
E.g.: – The boy looks hungry
– His shoes is green
à The boy whose shoes is green looks hungry
Subject and object of thing
E.g.: – The book is expensive
– I bouht it in the bookstore over there
à The book which i bought in the bookstore over there is expensive
- Of which
Possesive of thing
E.g.: – The car is old
– Its doors are broken
à The house, doors of which are broken, is old. (or)
The House of which does broken, is old.
- B. Adverbial Clause
Anak kalimat yang berfungsi sebagai kata keterangan.
Jenis – jenis :
- Adverb of Reason
Anak kalimat yang berfungsi untuk menerangkan alasan.
Kata : Because, as, since, for
E.g.: He forgot to lock the door because he as in hurry.
- Adverb Clause of Result
Anak kalimat yang berfungsi untuk menyatakan hasil dari suatu pekerjaan.
Kata : – so/hence/thus/therefore/consequnetly
– so + adj/adv + that (sangat…sehingga)
– such + noun + that (…sehingga)
E.g.: He didn’t study hard; therefore, he didn’t pass the test
- Adverb Clause of Purpose
Anak kalimat yang berfungsi untuk menerangkan tujuan dari suatu pekerjaan.
Kata : so that, in order that, in order to + V1
E.g.:- The question is so difficult that i can’t answer it
– This is such a difficult question that i can’t answer it
- Adverb Clause of Contrast
Anak kalimat yang berfungsi untuk menunjukan pertentangan
Kata : – although, eventhough
– however, nevertheless, whereas, still + S + P
– on the other hand, but, yet
E.g.: – Although it rains heavily, he still goes out
- Adverb Clause of Place
Anak kalimat yang berfungsi untuk menyatakan tempat.
Kata : where, wherever
E.g.: This is the town where i was born
- Adverb Cluse of Time
Anak kalimat yang berfungsi untuk menerangkan waktu.
Kata : when, after, before, while, since
E.g.: It’s the week when i started to work here
- C. Noun Clause
Anak kalimat yang berfungsi sebagai kata benda dengan menggunakan:
That, what, who, which + S + P
Where, when, why, whether
- Sebagai Subjek
Terletak di awal kalimat
E.g.: – What he has done admired everybody in his class room.
– Whether he could pass the test will be announced next week.
- Sebagai Objek
Terletak setelah kata kerja
E.g.: – Nobody knows why she has involved in the school fighting yesterday.
– She realizes that she has lost her new green shoes.
- Sebagai Pelengkap
Terletak disebelah to be atau berfungsi sebagai pelengap keterangan.
E.g.: – That is what i want.
– I have no idea why she leaves me alone.
Contoh Soal :
- She is so slow as she never gets to class on time.
- Is c. As
- So d. On
- Don’t forget to register this week so you can vote in the election…
- To register c. So
- This week d. Can
- I didn’t hear…because there was to much noise when i was sitting.
- What said c. What did he say
- What he said d. What was he saying
- Sumbawa is not quite fertile, …it is very good for breeding cattle.
- Since c. Yet
- As d. For
- The living room was … tht i had to move to another room to continue my reading.
- Much noisy c. Too noisy
- So noisy d. Very noisy
- He never cheats in the classroom…he is considered naughty.
- Althought c. And
- However d. Since
- The people which cheated on the examination had to leave the room.
- The people c. Had to
- Which d. Leave
- Could you please tell me…
- Where is STAN secretariat?
- Where STAN secretariat?
- Where STAN secretariat is?
- Where did STAN secretariat?